About Us Bridal Buzz Real Life Weddings Our Website

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Your Proposals

From the wedding of Brenton & Rachael - Focus Films


Who says guys aren't romantic (or organised)? We love the creativity and forethought of these perfect proposals. See more real life wedding stories here.

***
Focus Films

Mark & Michelle
Mark surprised me with a six-week holiday to America for my birthday. We travelled the east and west coast of the USA and on our very last night in New York, Mark proposed. We went out for dinner and on return to our 40th floor apartment overlooking the spectacular view of New York City, Mark asked me to be his wife.

Michelle & Mark, wedding at Ebb Waterfront Restaurant, Maroochydore.

***

Studio Impressions Photography

Chloe & Jonathan
Jonathan picked me up from work, handed me a red rose, drove me home and told me to get ready because we were going to our favourite restaurant, Fratellinis. We got to Sunshine Beach and he drove straight past the restaurant, heading towards the beach!

We arrived at the beach around 6pm. Jonathan led me down the long path, and halfway down lit a small lantern. As we rounded the corner they continued all the way down, and when we arrived at the beach I looked to the left and there was a path of about 200 lanterns!They all led up to a giant love heart which was on a gentle slope facing us – it looked amazing.We walked into the middle of the love heart, where he asked me to marry him and presented me with my dream engagement ring – which I couldn’t even see at the time because it was so dark!

We then really did go out to dinner to Fratellinis where a bottle of vintage Champagne was waiting, before heading to my parents where both our families were waiting to congratulate us. It was a perfect, thoughtful and romantic proposal.

Chloe & Jonathan, wedding at Moda Events PortsideBrisbane

***

Andrea Thompson Photography

Heidi & Stuart
We were living in London and just a week away from our ten-year anniversary. Stu managed to get us a reservation (he refuses to tell me how) for the member’s only restaurant at the top of 30 St Mary Axe, the building famously known as ‘The Gherkin’.

He got down on bended knee and proposed over dinner.The view of London from the restaurant was simply magic, but I’m pretty sure I spent more time admiring my new ring.

Heidi & Stuart, wedding at Clovelly Estate, Maleny.

***

Andrew Rankin Photography

Danielle & Rohan
Rohan and I share a passion for fine food and wine, so he organised a break for us both in the Margaret River region at a secluded retreat ... Rohan had pre-arranged for us both to be pampered in front of the fireplace and then told me to get dressed for a special evening. I said – I haven’t got anything warm enough to wear that looks good!! He told me not to worry and picked out a dress from my suitcase. So I curled my hair, put on a touch of red lippy and walked out into the dining room when I was met in our kitchen by a private chef! I couldn’t believe it. I really felt famous.

Our chef cooked us a divine three-course meal and we drank wine we had collected at our earlier wine tastings.We just couldn’t stop smiling at each other and I remember thinking, this has been the most perfect day of my life – if he doesn’t propose now, I am doomed! No, there was no ring hidden in my pavlova (believe me, I checked). But, after we said goodbye to our chef, Rohan got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes and we both had tears of happiness.

Danielle & Rohan, wedding at Cluden Park Racecourse, Townsville.

***

Calli B Photography

Natalie & Ryan
Ryan proposed under the Eiffel Tower during a holiday in Paris. It was one of the best days of my life. It was during the light show and we went to the Moulin Rouge afterwards. What an amazing day/night.

Natalie & Ryan, married at Ocean View Estates, Mt Mee.

***

Studio Impressions Photography

Alex and Edward
Edward and I went away to New Zealand skiing.We were coming down a remote trail, there was no-one else around, and Ed asked to stop near a sign to take a picture.We took our skis off and as I sat in the snow he pulled a mini bottle of Champagne and cups from his jacket. Once he had poured our drinks he took out a ring and asked me to marry him.

Alex and Edward, wedding at qualia, Whitsundays.

***

Studio Impressions Photography

Wai Leong & Hayley
It was following a 12-course degustation meal at French restaurant Caprice in Hong Kong’s Four Seasons Hotel, overlooking the harbour. We were walking home and Leo asked me to stop so he could take a photo and pulled the ring (my dream ring!) out of his camera case. He got down on one knee and asked me ...

Wai Leong & Hayley, wedding at Restaurant II, Brisbane.

***

Studio Impressions Photography

Karina & Iman
(From the groom) I had a gourmet picnic organised at O’Reilly’s, where we found a cosy spot by the creek to put down a rug and enjoy a lovely meal. I disappeared into the guest house to get our dessert, and returned with an antique 1940s Colclough China tea cup trio filled with spray roses (roses being the bride’s favourite flower) on a tray, and the ring. I then went down on one knee, with the bride-to-be already shaking, and asked the question – to which she readily said YES. Our daughter Grace (two at the time), giggling in the background, was our witness on the day.

Karina & Iman, wedding at Maleny Manor.

***

Yoori Rose Photography

Erin & Adam
Lunch at Versace, followed by a gondola ride, helicopter ride, then a limo ride to Q1 where a gentleman took us up to the 70th floor and opened a sub penthouse door where all my friends and family were standing. He then walked me down a red carpet while our song (Finally Found Someone) was playing, got on one knee and asked me to marry him.We then celebrated all night.


QBx
Check out Queensland Brides at www.queenslandbrides.com.au, Facebook and Twitter. Get the latest issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...