|Wedding of Sarah and Adam. Photo: Marina Ridgway Photography|
There’s no denying the sweet old-fashioned charm of pastel colours. They can be vintage, retro, country or modern. They’re a perennial fave of brides the world over and it’s easy to see why!
How To Do Pastel Perfectly:
• 50s style dresses work well with this theme as pictured below, with touches of lace to add texture.
|Wedding of Chloe and Jonathan. Photo: Studio Impressions|
• Floaty fabrics in pale tones create dreamy dresses in the wedding below - a more modern take on the theme.
|Wedding of Stacey and Michael. Photo: Creative Wedding Photography|
|'You Callin' Me a Lyre' polish by OPI, RRP $19.95. For stockists contact 1800 358 999 or www.opi.net.au|
|Tocca Bianca EDP RRP $92 from Mecca Cosmetica. www.meccacosmetica.com.au|
Styling 101: Get the look
• An ice cream or dessert station or lolly buffet are perfect ways to incorporate the theme
• Bunting, doilies, paper straws, vintage glass and lace tablecloths perfect the look
|Three Piece Set in Polka Blue, RRp $349 by Royal Albert, available at department stores and selected independent shops.|
|Sweet n Pretty Iced Bird Cookies, 3 for $4.50, www.downthatlittlelane.com.au/sellers/sweet-n-pretty|
|Wedding of Nikki and Jana. Photo: Jess Marks Photography|
• Don’t go too overboard with the pale and pretty, it can get a bit much very quickly. Mix it up with touches of timber, twine or contrasting colours as seen in the chair sashes below.
|Wedding of Mel and Dave. Photo: Jess Marks Photography|
|Wedding of Kaitlin and Scott. Photo: Studio Impressions|
Styling 101: Fun Additions
• Polaroid cameras on each table make instant memories for you to enjoy straight away
• Known for your addiction to Haigh’s Peppermint Frogs/Jaffas/Peanut M&Ms? Offer them with coffee at the end of the night
Check out Queensland Brides at www.queenslandbrides.com.au, Facebook and Twitter. Get the latest issue here.